SANSA (flights operated on Cessna Grand Caravan): 1 piece with maximum weight of 30 lbs. /14 kgs and up to 45 linear inches / 114 cm. (length + height + width).
If you buy any promotion the luggage allowance will be by the promocode
You are permitted to carry one piece with a maximum weight of 10 lbs/4.5 Kg. 20 linear inches/ 50 cm (length + height + width).
In addition, each passenger may take one of the following items into the cabin under their own care and at no additional cost:
1. Ladies purse/handbag.
3. Items to be consumed by infants during the trip.
4. Coat or Blanket.
5. Camera or binoculars.
7. In case of limited space in the cabin, you may be required to check your luggage.
Anything exceeding the free baggage allowance is considered as excess baggage and can only be transported by paying an additional fee for it. Overweight and additional baggage is transported subject to available space on the plane. Additional charge applies per pound: $1.00 USD.
You can check sport equipment as part of your free baggage allowance, if you check it as an extra piece (in addition to your free baggage allowance), oversize or overweight charges may apply, as well as subject to space availability. One of the following sports equipment is permitted per passenger with a $30 charge each way:
Fishing: 2 fishing rods, 1 pair of boots, 1 net.
Golf: 1 golf club bag (up to 62 inches) with up to 14 clubs, 12 golf balls and 1 pair of golf shoes packed in the bag.
Diving: 1 air regulator, 1 pair of rubber fins, 1 conventional harpoon, 1 diving mask, 1 wet suit and 1 weight belt.
Archery: 1 bow plus arrows, packed in a bag designed for this purpose.
Ski: 2 poles, 1pair of skis, boots and shoes.
Bikes: We do accept 1 bike in a proper protective bag; all bikes are subject to space and weight availability, wheels must be de-inflated for transportation.
|Dimensions||Maximum length 6.7 pies/2 mts.|
|Amounts||1 surfboard per passenger, per flight.|
|Charges||$30 USD per way, per surfboard.|
|Handle||The surfboards are not part of the baggage allowance and are considered subject to space.x|x|||
Fins must be removed.
1. Neither clothing nor any other articles are permitted inside the surfboard bags.
2. Damaged packaging and/or packaging not resistant to normal handling are not accepted.
3. Damaged surfboards are not accepted either.
You may not transport as part of your baggage:
1. Windsurfing boards.
3. Surfboards exceeding 7ft/2.1mts in length.
4. Diving tanks.
1. Pack any and all valuable articles (money, jewelry, electronic devices, etc.) in your carry-on baggage.
2. Identify your baggage with the free baggage tags available at our check-in counters. Be sure to include your name, address and a telephone number where you can be located if necessary.
3. Avoid excess baggage charges by complying with weight and size requirements.
4. Present any damaged baggage claims before leaving the airport. Please note that SANSA is not responsible for minor damages (such as scratches, dents, lost wheels, etc.), caused by normal handling or overstuffed bags.
5. Do not transport perishable goods.
6. Claim your baggage by the tag number and not just for their appearance.
Guide dogs are the only animals allowed to travel inside the cabin with a maximum weight of 40 kgs. The correspondent certification must be shown.
1. There will be no charge when serving as a passenger guide
2. Seeing-eye dogs must be equipped with their own harness and collar
Dogs and cats are permitted with a charge of $30 each way and must be transported in a secure and locked container in the baggage compartment with a maximum weight of 6 kgs.
SANSA – the Costa Rica Domestic Airline
SANSA offers non stop flights to main Costa Rica destinations:
1. Puerto Jimenez
3. Palmar Sur
4. Bahia Drake
5. Manuel Antonio / Quepos
9. La Fortuna / Arenal
12. Costa Esmeralda
13. San Isidro
15. Coto 47
If an infant requires a seat:
1. Tickets are issued in the name of a specific person and are not transferable, not endorsable and non-refundable.
2. The carrier may check the identity of the passenger at any given time.
3. The rules and limitations regarding liability are set by the law of the Civil Aviation Authority of Costa Rica. The Company reserves the right to cancel or postpone a journey free of liability on its part, when it must attend preferential obligations, such as the transfer of sick or injured persons, due to bad weather, or for any other cause for which it deems the suspension necessary, for passenger safety or to protect the Company ’s interests. As a consequence, the Company does not assume the inevitable obligation of transporting the passenger on the precise day indicated on this ticket for the trip or for a specified flight. Furthermore, it reserves the right of not accepting passengers that arrive for the flight in abnormal circumstances that may place the security of the remainder passengers at risk, or that may cause them any type of nuisance.
In case of pregnant women they can fly until their 7 months of pregnancy, after this period they must present a medical certificate that allows them to fly, this must be issued by a certified doctor.